BCA 1/Sem-2/DBMS-Database Management System
Chapter 1:-Introduction of DBMS
- Basic Concept (Data Vs. Information,Database)
- Definition of DBMS,Needs and Features of DBMS
- Comparison of file processing system with DBMS
- Functions of DBMS, Advantages and Disadvantages of DBMS
- Structure of DBMS
- 3 Tier Architecture of Database System
- Schema and Sub schema
- Data Abstraction
- Data Independence
- Data Dictionary
- Different types of Database Users
Chapter 2:-Data Models
- Introduction, definition, features of data models and its types
- DFD(Data Flow Diagram)
- Object based data models- Entity Relationship Model
- Record based models- Hierarchical Model, Network Model,Relational Model and Physical Data Models.
- Keys: Primary key,foreign key, candidate key, super key, unique key.
- Normalization:Concept of normalization, Advantages, First NF, Second NF, Third NF, BCNF
Chapter 3:-Database Management through Ms-Access
- Introduction of Ms- Access and Features of Ms-Access
- Database creation, Table creation, Insert Records,Queries, Forms and Report creation.
- SQL: Introduction of SQL, Features, SQL Data Types.
- SQL Commands-
- Aggregate functions
- Order by clause.
Chapter 4:-Organization of Database System
- Introduction of file and file types or organization of file
- Types of Database System: