The DBMS normalization is used for reduce Redundancy from table. In table lots of records are available that all records are harder to maintain like check their redundancy or data anomalies. The Normalization is used for handle redundancy in table at the time record inserted, updated or deleted from table. The normalization power to convert large table into smaller table and use that table for relationship.
DBMS Normalization Types-
- 1 NF
- 2 NF
- 3 NF
In that all types table work on handle redundancy of data and handling integrity and accuracy of table for relationship. That all also work for compress table size from larger table.
- In 1 NF checks that each column has a unique value they don’t allow a repeatation.
- In 1 NF checks that each records in the able be unique.
- Complete all conditions from 1 NF.
- It should not have Partial Dependency.
- Complete all conditions from 2 NF.
- It doesn’t have Transitive Dependency.
Boyce and Codd Normal Form (BCNF)-
Boyce and Codd Normal Form is a Advanced of the Third Normal form. I confirm not overlapping of candidate in 3 NF. BCNF satisfy fallowing conditions.
- R must be in 3rd Normal Form
- and, for each functional dependency ( X → Y ), X should be a super Key.
The all DBMS normalization fallows the rule of 1 NF, 2 NF, 3 NF and BCNF for maintaining redundancy issue of any table and also maintaining the table formation against relationship with each other.
Advantage of Normalization-
- Maintain data redundancy.
- Data consistency between database maintain well in manner.
- A database design more flexible for use.
- Data relationship between table understanding well.
- Database security maintain.