Functions of DBMS, Advantages and Disadvantages of DBMS
Functions of DBMS-
DBMS contains important functions for maintain DBMS integrity and consistency.the functions of DBMS is as fallows;
- Multi user accessing control
- DBMS supports data backup and recovery
- Data integrity management
- Data presentation and transformation
- DBMS interface
- Data communication advantage
- Data storage management
- Data dictionary system
- DBMS security management
1. Multi user accessing control –
DBMS supports multi user accessing control . In database management system data get stored in database in that database contains one or or more database files exist.In DBMS all database files access multi user at a time
2. DBMS supports data backup and recovery-
In DBMS lots of important data saved in database that reason database require data backup and data recovery functionality so in DBMS data backup and recovery gives data security for storage
3. Data integrity management-
DBMS supports Data integrity and data redundancy problem.In DBMS data can be saved only once the data cannot be e saved repeatedly in the database.
4. Data presentation and transformation-
In DBMS data data presentation and data transformation get easier.DBMS supports “view” functionality to data for presenting and show to end user.
5. DBMS interface-
DBMS supports user friendly interface to user.user can accessing database management system easily because of their interface.1
6. Data communication advantage-
DBMS supports multiple communication methods for accessing database with use of network and internet.you can access database with use of DBMS software online at every any place and time.
7. Data storage management-
Database can work on storage well in manner at the time of database handling in DBMS system.data can save with recovery and backup plan.
8. Data dictionary system-
In DBMS data can saved in database with data dictionary method.data dictionary method used data relational component with table connection for fast accessing data.
9. DBMS security management-
DBMS gives a proper security To data at the time of accessing data.DBMS authenticate user firstly at the time of data accessing. identification and authentication is strongly bound with DBMS for data accessing.
Advantages of DBMS-
- control data redundancy means that DBMS can not allow to insert record as a duplicate.
- sharing data get easier.
- Maintain and manage data easily.
- Data insertion, updation and searching time required less.
- Multiple user access database at a time.
- Data backup and recovery featured is advanced in DBMS.
Dis-Advantages of DBMS-
- DBMS software require advanced hardware and software that cost is high.
- Size of database is day to day increased then storage problem arises.
- Need to maintain software.
- Employee require knowledge to handle DBMS software.